Tuesday, June 26, 2012

NICU

The nicu has strict rules. I guess so the babies stay well, don't get over stimulated, and all that jazz. 

Our kids get to go back but it's only certain hours. And their is only 3 to a bedside so that leaves one of us hanging out in the waiting room for a while. Total pain in our rear but that's the rules. 



So today I said I know ya'll only allow 3 but we could make an exception for a little bit to be back there as a family and maybe get a few pictures. The lady at the desk said she would have to call the nurse in charge. She hung up and said ya'll have 30 minutes and that's it. 

I made the kids wash their hands quickly 


When we got back there Kendal wasn't sure about it. She just looked at them as usual in the incubator and was ready to go. I said we are going to take them out. She watched as the nurse handed Bryce to her daddy and the biggest smile came across her face and she had to touch him. She said she loved him. 



They both looked at them for a while. Josh and I sat and let the kids hover over us and look at them. I thought I would feel overwhelmed or nervous. But I felt complete and happy. It was a joyous feeling. It was my whole family together and it was amazing! 







Our family went from 4 to 6 over night. It's not what I planned for but I couldn't be happier. Look what God gave me. Surely he thinks I am special enough to have all of this. I am going to try my best not to let him down. I love them all with all my heart. This is going to be a good life <3

No comments:

Post a Comment